The 22SCT 3.0 is optimized for today's tracks with updated suspension geometry, an all-new rear end, and a 3-gear transmission that maximizes rear grip. And you get it all plus the corner-speed advantage of an optimized configuration.
The 22SCT 3.0 builds on the advances of its predecessor with a host of changes that make it the truck to beat in short course competition. Also, many parts that were considered optional on the 2.0 are now included so you can build to team spec right out of the box.
Revised Motor Location
As with the 22™ 3.0 buggy, the 22SCT 3.0 motor location is 12mm closer to the diff gear than it was in the previous version. This increases the rear weight bias, providing better rear grip on exit, more entry steering and a truck that, overall, is easier to drive.
During testing, the 3-gear transmission substantially improved speed and rear-end grip for both spec and modified classes. Other benefits included better handling, quicker acceleration. A 4-gear transmission is available separately so drivers can dial in response for any track surface, grip level, or driving style.
Revised Front Suspension Geometry
All-new front caster blocks and suspension arms allow for variable length arm adjustment. This, together with the bell crank steering system, provides the same amazing steering 22SCT drivers have come to love, but with a more consistent feel between different surfaces. It all adds up to a truck with neutral balance that requires less tuning from track to track to maximize performance.
Revised Rear Suspension Geometry
The rear pivot is 2mm wider for better rear grip and stability without losing any corner speed. The rear arms and shock towers have revised shock mounting locations. The jumping, landing, and chassis roll dynamics of the rear end have been optimized for a higher rear weight bias percentage.
Aluminum-Plate Rear Hub
The hub base is molded composite, allowing a bearing to be press fit without play and minimal unspring weight when compared to an all-aluminum hub. The aluminum plate is secured to the hub with an M3 screw and ball stud, which is vertically adjustable. Now the ball stud is supported by aluminum from pushing or pulling out, while still threading into composite so it cannot work loose.
Transverse Battery Mounting
The new, wider 2.5mm aluminum chassis and molded mud guards create a battery mounting pocket which allows shorty- and saddle-style LiPo packs to be mounted transversely across the chassis. Shorty packs can also be mounted in line with the chassis. This allows racers to fine tune the weight bias of the truck for just about every racing condition imaginable.
HDS Slipper with HD Spring
The 22SCT 3.0 includes Heavy Duty Slipper (HDS) pads and 84T HDS spur gears as well as grooved and tapered slipper plates. The biggest improvement comes with the HD slipper spring that offers a wider range of adjustment. It also makes the slipper more consistent.
Included Option Parts
Many of the parts included with this kit are popular upgrades that provide everything needed to build a pro-level short course truck right out of the box. This includes milled, 7075-T6 aluminum parts like the top shaft, adjustable rear pivot mounts, motor plate, rear camber block, bleeder shock caps and ball stud spacers throughout.
- Based on the championship-winning 22 3.0 buggy
- Revised mid-motor mounting location
- Revised front and rear suspension geometry
- 3-Gear transmission for better acceleration and grip
- Aluminum-plate rear hub
- HDS Slipper with HD Spring
- Lightweight 7075-T6 aluminum chassis
- Gen II 12mm big-bore shocks
- Transverse battery mounting option
- TLR® pre-cut body
- Many popular option parts included as standard
Needed To Complete
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- 48 Pitch Pinion Gear
- Approximate Assembly Time: 5-7 Hours
- Ball Bearings: Full Ball Bearings
- Body: Clear, pre-cut, polycarbonate
- Brakes: Controlled via Motor/ESC
- Bushing Material: Metal
- Chassis: 2.5mm, 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Differential: Ball Differential
- Drivetrain: 2WD
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Ground Clearance: 1.98 in (50.3mm)
- Height: 7.28 in (184.9mm)
- Internal Gear Ratio: 2.43:1
- Length: 21.15 in (537.15mm)
- Motor Size: 540 (not included)
- Painted or Clear Bodies: Clear
- Shock Type: 12mm Big Bore, Threaded Aluminum
- Size/Scale: 1/10
- Spur Gear: 84T
- Suspension: Lower A-Arm, Upper Adjustable Link
- Track: 11.63 in (295.5mm)
- Vehicle Type: Kit
- Weight: Varies with Equipment Used
- Wheel Diameter: 3.0/2.2 in (76.2/55.9mm)
- Wheel Type: TLR SCT Wheel
- Wheel Width: 1.63 in (41.5mm)
- Wheelbase: 12.8 in (325mm)
- Width: 9.72 in (246.9mm)